Friday, November 18, 2005

The Traveling Napster

Looks like my grueling two weeks of back to back travel is nearing its end. I'm flying home tomorrow after a week in Alaska and a week in California. I'm so ready to be home. I actually get two whole weeks of home time! Unfortunately only one whole week with Spurs - he's off again right after Thanksgiving.

Alaska was - well shall I say - I've been there. I think if I ever go back it will be via a cruise liner. The small towns we visited were very depressing. I'm not sure why people want to live there? I guess their summers are nice. I didn't get to see too much of Anchorage, I just stayed in the hotel for a few hours and then took my early flight home the next morning. It is a pretty big city though. One good thing is anywhere you go you have the most awesome view of the mountains - that is a plus. I'll be sure to post some of my pictures when I get home.

This week I've been in Northern California. Beautiful landscape of hills and valleys. It's nice to have a view of vineyards and cattle farms on my drive - not too much urban sprawl in the area I am in. The traffic is horrible though, thank goodness for the NeverLost system from Hertz - it's saved me on this trip!

I can't wait to be home. I'll be glad to see my kitty and have all the comforts of home!