Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Greetings from Homer, Alaska!

Holy crap! I can't believe I'm blogging from Alaska! Right behind me out of my bay window in my room at Land's End I have massive snow covered mountains shadowing the ocean. It's pretty cool. It's snowed a little bit - probably 6 inches of snow on the ground and it's cold - but not as bad as I thought it would be. Usually 10 degrees at night and around 20 degrees during the day.

Today we saw four bald eagles at the edge of the ocean on the drive back from the office. It was unbelievable. I have never seen a bald eagle much less right outside my car window about 5 feet from me. I took many pictures and will share once I get home.

There are little sea otters swimming around near the beach and they are very cool to watch - just floating on their backs eating their seafood!!

And many props to my most wonderful husband - right before I left he gave me an early Christmas present - a limited edition U2 Ipod!!!! It has really come in handy during my very long trip out here.

I'll have much more to report once I return but just wanted to give you a little taste of what it's been like so far. We are driving back to Kenai tomorrow and taking the small scary plane back to Anchorage and then I have another lengthy trip home on Friday starting at 6:00 am. I'll be so happy to get home and be with my hunny! Miss you babe ;)