Tuesday, November 01, 2005

To Forgive and Forget

I had a little tete-a-tete this weekend with one of the guys in my Fantasy Football League. It got a little personal. Actually more than a little...it's probably a good thing we were not in the same room because things would have been broken. Specifically him.

Having worked with this guy in Atlanta, I know what a slime he was/is. So, I should have been more prepared for his outburst but I wasn't and met anger with anger. Upon further review, I went to his level. He wins.

Getting to the point...
This got me thinking about the saying to forgive and forget.
I'm the kind of person who never forgets. Kind of like, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
I have forgiven many a trespass but never truely forgotten. There's this kid from the second grade who was quite the bully, that I'm still hoping to bump into...
So if you never forget, do you actually forgive??
Not sure.