Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Planes, Planes and More Planes

The post below from Spurs makes my upcoming trip to Alaska seem so glamorous. It's really not folks! I get to leave TX at 5:00 am Sunday morning and subsequently take four planes in the same day. The last plane is a puddle jumper in Alaska that seats 6 people - I've never been on anything smaller than an Embraer. Please pray for me :()

The temperature for next week in AK will be a whopping 22 degrees for a high and 3 degrees for a low with snow showers each day. Did I mention I'm from the South where a dusting of snow means everything shuts down for a week and people walk around in full on snow suits? Yes, they will be discovering a little blonde girl in lots of layers 100 years from now in a block of ice somewhere in Alaska :)

I'm traveling to Anchorage, Soldotna, and Homer next week and Homer looks like the coolest place (the picture below is the view from the hotel deck and the view from my room is similar). So I am looking forward to seeing the sites, but again this is for work and I get to travel with a work person so it's not like it's going to be like a vacation. And we have to drive from Soldotna to Homer and back - neither of us are used to driving in the snow - that should give me some blog content for when I return. We have been warned not to drive at night (which starts at like 4:00 pm because of the moose) YIKES!!

Free Image Hosting at <a href=www.ImageShack.us

And as a bonus when I return on Friday night from AK I have one day to relax and then fly to California at 5:00 am on Sunday morning for another week. The next two weeks are really going to suck but according to Spurs, after these next trips I should truly be a "road warrior".

Everyone think warm thoughts for me next week!!!