Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Planes, trains and automobiles

Napster and I are getting ready to start another round of roadtrips and once again, I get the short end of the stick. Dammit.

Her next trip is to Homer, Alaska. I have always wanted to go there. Alaska, not specifically Homer, but you get the picture. The little butt showed me her room online and it overlooks the water and mountains. Great. Get me a shirt will ya'.

I on the other hand get to spend 5 glorious nights at the Courtyard Marriott in lovely Flagstaff Arizona. I'll be lucky to have a view of the highway. *Woo-hoo he says dripping with sarcasm.*

Speaking of Alaska, my mom, who has only rarely been outside of South Carolina and never been above the Mason Dixon line found out about Napster's trip and said "You've got to get me some Alaskan taffy, it's the best in the world."

Me - Mom, you can't even chew taffy it will bust your dental work. And how are you the Alaskan taffy expert??
Mom - My teeth will be fine.
Me - Mmm hmmm Remember that candy apple back in '04....
Mom - Your cousins, husbands,uncle's, niece went to Alaska for school and she said the taffy was incredible.
Me - Ummm, it's hard to argue with that logic I guess...
Mom - So will you make sure Napster gets me some taffy?
Me - Sure mom. I'll make her a list...

I'm going to spend the day searching the web for Alaskan taffy for my mom and her bad bridge work. Wish me luck.