Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Warm and Fuzzy Christmas Memories

We are back home after visiting my Sister and her family for Christmas. We had such a great time. Spurs even enjoyed himself even though he hasn't been around my family very much since we have been together due to our distance from them while moving around the U.S. since we got married.

Time was spent playing board games, eating really good food as well as eating lots and lots of cookies, candy and cake. I think I may have gained 10 pounds over three days. Christmas morning was very fun since my neice and nephew have gotten a little older and their toys have gotten more advanced. I think Spurs and I spent more time playing with their new gadgets than they did. Spurs especially liked Cube World. I may have to get him some for his desk.

It was so nice being with my family again after not seeing them for about a year and a half. My Sister even took me to Ikea and now I am totally hooked on that store. I had never been to one and only bought a few small things but I want to go back and get lots more.

Lynkin took a few days to get adjusted to the other male dogs in the house but they eventually tolerated each other. Lynkin and my Sister's dog Comet even shared the couch together.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Spurs got introduced to some European traditions. My brother-in-law is Brittish and my family is part German. Spurs had never done the Christmas Cracker routine before Christmas lunch. We all sat around and ate lunch with our paper crowns on our heads. It was quite funny. Spurs even got to try Yorkshire Pudding for the first time. Yummmmm!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas this year! We will blog about our New Years Eve after the fact. We are attempting a five course meal with Big Guy and Blinkie this year and hopefully we will have enough food between alcoholic beverages to make everything on our menu :)