Saturday, December 09, 2006

She's Licking It

Well so much for "Don't Lick the Hoo-Hoo Lynkin". I picked her up today to check on her sutures and sure enough one was opening up. It was 11:30 am and I called the Vet to see if I could bring her in. They closed at 12:00 but said to bring her on in as fast as I could. We get up there with 10 minutes to spare and they checked her out. Sure enough the Vet says that she has been licking too much and opened it up a bit. I had two options - the "sock" as they put it or the cone of silence. Well I opted for both just in case. They fit her with the "sock" which is a lovely red fishnet looking piece that fits like a tube and they cut holes for her front and back legs as well as her rear. I have never laughed so hard in my life. She looks like a sausage you buy at the store with the netting around it :) I couldn't resist!



She is sooo embarassed, she wouldn't even look at the camera. She has spent most of the day in her crate and the only way I could even take the picture was to lure her out and then shut the crate door. Spurs said I was an evil mama :) Oh, and even better - I have to clean the open suture area everyday and put neosporin on it and keep a piece of gauze over it - that has been a fun challenge today. Every time she walks or moves the gauze slides all around in the netting. Spurs is dying to put the cone around her head just for laughs but I will only use that as a last resort - they didn't have an extra small so they gave me a small and showed me how to put it on her but I don't think she will be able to eat her food or drink water with that lampshade on.

I can't wait for these next 10 days to be over and for her to be fully healed.