Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Lynkin under the Knife...or Laser

Tomorrow is the big "fix" day for Lynkin. Spurs and I went back and forth about getting her fixed but in the end I assured him he does not want to go through the "heat" thing. It's bad enough he is in a house with three females even though Stella is fixed but imagine PMS and in addition, a dog in heat. Not a good combo. We are going to ATL for X-Mas this year and Lynkin is coming along since I can't bare to put her in a kennel for that long and in my family's house there are two male dogs that are fixed but I thought it would be best not to tempt them with a fertile female....the whole, it's been snipped but you can't change the male brain and all that.

So I asked around and found a vet and went and visited the facility the other day to make sure it didn't look creepy and run down - it's brand new and it's a beautiful facility. I called and made the appointment and the girl at the vet said they now do it with a laser. She said they are one of the few vet offices in the city that use this procedure but she assured me it's a lot safer and more comfortable for the animal. The best part is that I get to pick her up the same day!!

So everyone say a little doggie prayer for my girl tomorrow, it's her first big surgery and hopefully her last!