Friday, December 15, 2006

Ahhh, New Technology

My most wonderful loving husband got me the best gift for Christmas ever! A new cell phone! My cell phone bit the dust a few months ago due to a tragic cat versus dog incident. They were chasing each other around the living room and my phone was plugged into the charger and resting on the mantel - needless to say some sort of animal leg got tangled in the cord and it came a tumbling down onto the tile and the screen was toast. I went back to my old, old, old phone since we weren't in a position to buy a new one and I hated it. I am a gadget techno freak and it was so hard having old technology in my hand. Spurs still works for a cell phone company and I used to so we were always used to having the latest and greatest so it's hard to go backwards.

I think the hardest part about getting new technology as in a new cell phone is deciding what type of ringer to pick for my favorite people. Spurs was an easy choice, usually I pick the Carolina fight song but this time I wanted something different for him. I picked "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake. The reason I picked this song for my beloved is because of his "Sexy" look day-to-day. Spurs works from home and I am unemployed so we are together all the time. Since Spurs works from home he wakes up, checks his email, listens in on some conference calls, etc. all while in his t-shirt, sweat-pants, bed-head mohawk, and scruffy facial hair growth. He is drop-dead sexy I must say, therefore the song for his ringer fits :)

***UPDATE***
Spurs requested a different ringer - TNT by AC/DC. He wasn't ready to bring "Sexy Back".


For my best-friend Morrigan the choice is quite easier. It's always the FSU fight song of some sort. Now, thankfully the cellular provider I have has more options for the FSU fight song. I wanted to download the chant "F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E" ect. (you either know it or you don't). Spurs wouldn't allow that ringer - his quote was "If you use that as Morrigan's ringer I will throw the phone out the window when she calls". So, I opted for the other chant - hard to put into text but it's a lot like the Atlanta Braves Indian chant. So again, that one was an easy one. Plus it reminds me of our trips to Talla and watching the stretchy boys before the game...ahhhh...

For our dear friends "Big-Guy and Blinkie" the choice was easy too, "Bar-Light" by Charlie Robinson - it's our boat song and pretty much our anthem :)

My standard ringer was easy, it's always U2 and this time it's a different version of Vertigo. I'm a U2 freak if you didn't already know. My voicemail ringer, well I chose a different one than usual, it used to be Holla Back from Gwen Stefani but this time I chose a new song by her.

The hardest ringer I had to choose (and I haven't chosen one yet) is for Sissy. She is such a music connoisseur that it's hard to pick the right song for her. I texted her and asked what I should choose and her response was "Whatever reminds you of me". Well that narrows it down, thanks Sissy. I'll come up with one, it will just take more time. Sissy is a lot like me, whenever she gets anything new electronic wise it has to be set up right away and customized as we want it :)

***UPDATE***
Sissy sent me a perfect ringer for her :)


Anyway, as I ramble on and on and on, I just have to say, it's sooo nice to have a new electronic gadget. Yes, I am a total geek!