Monday, December 11, 2006

Procrastination Pays Off

Spurs and I are going to spend Christmas at my Sister's house this year. My Dad lives with my Sister and her family so it will be nice to see them all and to stay in their house. My Mom always made Christmas so special and it's my favorite time of year for that reason. I called my Sister last night and she said that they decorated the inside and outside of the house over the weekend and I can't wait to see it. She let each of the kids decorate their room however they wanted to and she said my nephew's room resembles Vegas with all the flashing lights he strung throughout his entire room. I said that Spurs would feel right at home in his room :)

Thankfully I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet because (A) I am a huge procrastinator all of a sudden and (B) I just didn't want to deal with it. So luckily all I have to get this year are gift cards. I'm glad my niece and nephews are into getting either cash or gift cards now so they can buy what they want, it makes it so much easier and less stressful. I was worried though that it wasn't very personal and since I wasn't mailing it this year and would be in person I asked if I should get any little gifts for them to open besides their gift cards and my sister promptly replied "NO" they are getting enough, just get the cards. Wahoo! Works for me!! So it's off to Publix tomorrow to do my gift card shopping :)