Wednesday, September 13, 2006

First impressions

We are here and somewhat settled in. I've been cleaning and unpacking like a mad woman, or as Spurs would say, as a German woman. The first impression of the new place was not great because of the lack of cleanliness but after cleaning my butt off and our furniture arriving on Friday it now feels like home. We have a lot bigger living space now and it's really nice. Just tonight I've been snuggling with Lynkin on the couch and it's been raining all day and I just looked around and felt like I was at home for the first time in a long time. We did not consider TLTTF, TX home at all, we didn't even hang any of our pictures.

The entire wall of our living room and dining room are sliding glass doors that look over the most beautiful lake and everytime you look out at it you feel at peace. I really believe that your surroundings effect your mental state. We have a huge open deck off of our living room and a screened porch off of our dining room and a small open deck off of our master bedroom. I love the water and I love trees and everything green so being able to see outside from every room and see water and greenery is making me very happy.

Stella has finally calmed down since her furniture has arrived. Cats are so territorial but I'm glad she survived her second move in two years. Lynkin is taking it all in stride. It's funny how much cats and dogs differ in their attitudes. Lynkin has seen pine straw and pine cones for the first time and saw a squirrel the other day for the first time. She is a happy girl. It's like someone being blind and then seeing these things for the first time.

I forgot about the humidity, the mosquitoes, the palmetto bugs (a.k.a cockroaches) but our view makes up for all of it. Our good friends that live in our community took us out on a boat ride Saturday and it was incredible. We had mimosas and fruit and sandwiches and great company and beautiful scenery - we are definitely getting a boat.

All in all it's been an adventure but we are so glad to be back home! I've never slept better and I have a smile on my face everytime I get up in the morning. I'm also thankful to be closer to family and friends. I can't wait to have my Dad over who loves the water like I do and I can't wait to go visit my friends in my old hometown - Mo will be the first and I am so excited to see her new place - and hopefully we will get to see Sissy's new place too!

I will take pictures soon, when it stops raining so you can put images with words.