Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Warning! Warning! Warning!

You know those lovely little tags they are now sewing into the insides of new clothes that have the security tracking device within the tag, especially if you buy your clothes from The Gap or Ann Taylor?? Well I found out an important fact today while running errands. I was wearing a pair of blue jean capris I got a few months ago at The Gap and it still had the security tag inside of them and since I never really noticed it irritating me I never removed it. Mind you, these capris have been washed about a dozen times since I've gotten them.

So I pop into The Gap to buy a pair of black sweat pants for our upcoming drive from hell to our new home and as soon as I walked in the alarms went off and of course everyone turned and stared at me. As I had just walked into the store they didn't really care because I guess if I had stolen something it must have been from another store??? And I didn't have any bags in my hand, only my purse on my shoulder.

So I go into the dressing room to try on the sweat pants since I've gone down a few sizes lately and I notice the security tag in my blue jean capris and summize that it must be why the alarm went off. So while checking out I mention it to the girl ringing me up so they wouldn't tackle me while leaving the store. She laughed and says it happens a lot and then said that they actually reactivate when you wash them?!?!?!?! WHA?!?!?!?

I then leave the mall as to not set off anymore alarms and head to CVS to pick up some cleaning supplies and as soon as I walk in their alarm goes off, and it's not just an annoying siren, it actually shouts loudly at you to come to the counter.... Nice... So luckily they don't raise an eyebrow to me on the way into or out of the store but of course everyone shopping stops and turns.

So tonight I will promptly remove all of those little tags out of all my clothes. Just thought I should let you guys know this interesting little tid bit of information.