Saturday, July 29, 2006

D-Day or B-Day?

Even though I don't consider birthdays fun any more except for the fact that I get presents, this one has gotten off to a great start. This morning Spurs made me my favorite breakfast sandwich of eggs, bacon and mayo on white bread, yummy! We then proceeded to take a nap before lunch and then made our way out to have a bite.

There is a new restaurant that opened here which is a poor man's version of P.F. Chang's and there has been a line out the door ever since it opened and today was no exception - I swear if you want to open a restaurant this is the place to do it - anything new they flock to it and everyone here eats out for every meal. So we decided on a soup and salad place and then it was off to pick up my birthday cake.

So Spurs ordered my favorite birthday cake for me earlier in the week - chocolate chip ice cream, white cake, and white icing. So we go into one of the ice cream places in town and Spurs asks for my cake - but they have no record of him ordering it and ask if he is sure this is the right place since there are two similar ice cream places in town with different names. Turns out it was the other one which I thought was very funny. I told Spurs that when we have kids it will be up to me to order and then remember where I ordered the birthday cake from.

The rest of the day will be spent snuggling with Lynkin on the couch while watching TV and then my afternoon workout and then it's drinks, drinks and more drinks and then hopefully a nice dinner at my favorite mexican restaurant in town - unless we have too many drinks and then we always end up at the McD's drive through.