Thursday, August 31, 2006

Moving Sucks: Part 1

I say "Part 1" because I have a feeling this is just the start of my "Moving Sucks" postings. Last night while waiting on Spurs to get home from his business trip I decide to go ahead and box up our printers and home computer because I have kept the original boxes through our many moves. The computer was a snap because it is a Sony and thanks to the nice people at Sony they actually put a map on the box of how to get the computer and monitor back in the box.

Then comes the printers. Unfortunately the not so nice people at HP decided it wasn't necessary to put a map on their boxes because god forbid you want to pack them back up in their original boxes. So you would think easy right? Not so much. Just a printer, two paper trays and two big pieces of styrofoam (sp?) that go on each side of the box to hold the printer in place that resemble huge puzzle pieces. ARGGGGGG! It took me five minutes to box up the computer and monitor. It took me 30 minutes to pack two printers. I thought I was going to loose my freakin mind. They should have classes at the local community college on how to pack electronics back in their original boxes!!!!!!

I'm sure there will be more episodes of "Moving Sucks" to come....stay tuned......