Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Olympics, Curling and Monkee Poo

I’ve tried to get into the Olympics but technology and curling continue to thwart my plans.

I try to watch a little on TV in the morning before work. But for the last 4 or 5 days, all that has been on is men and women's curling. And let me tell you, that is some boring, boring, boring shite.

I don’t mean to offend any curling players, fans or groupies but seriously, what’s that all about?
I get the premise of the game but have a hard time grasping the fan excitement. And yet, there they are up in the stands, chanting away. Huh?? What’s so exciting about sliding a rock on ice??
I’d rather watch a couple of monkeys humpin’ and flinging poo at the zoo than this.
Enlighten me, please.

So, now I’m at work.
I’m pretty busy with the “Borg” assimilation but I still like to check the news and sports and what not.
Every time I check a news or sports site, I have to remind myself to stay away from Olympic coverage.
I do this because I don’t want to know who has won (insert event) thus ruining my viewing enjoyment later that evening.
But holy hoppin’ horse shit, if that isn’t the first thing that pops up on damn near every site.
Hell, Napster was beginning to think that I had psychic powers, because I kept telling her who was going to win an event.
If you fuckers want to show something ahead of time, how about show me the winning Power Ball numbers and we’ll call it even.

Is it just me or does it seem like the Olympic committee put in all those X-Games events like the half-pipe and border cross just so the US could win a few medals. You’ll never ever see a dude from Krazechtenstein dropping into the half pipe yo’.

This is a really crappy time of the year for me.
I don’t like basketball.
Baseball isn’t here yet.
No one really to root for in Hockey.
Football is light years away
Fuck
It’s a good thing my secret obsession is getting ready to kick off. Can you guess what that is????