Thursday, April 20, 2006

Warn Me First Please!

I have heard from basically everyone I know that I should rent the DVD for the movie Crash. I can't even tell you how many people that have told me to watch this movie....hmm, let me see, umm, Sissy, my Sister, my hairdresser, etc. etc. I think I am the last person on Earth to watch this movie except for Spurs.

BUT, no one told me how much of an emotional roller coaster this movie was going to be. I rented it earlier in the week, more specifically when Sissy was in town over Easter weekend but I saved it to watch with Spurs since Sissy had already seen it. Sissy and I saved our viewing time for a girlie movie, 'In Her Shoes'.

So, Spurs decides he does not want to watch this movie. Not sure why, he just doesn't want to watch it. Spurs is very particular about movies he will watch on DVD.

So, Spurs goes out of town this week and I decide to watch it on my own. I watch a little last night and then conclude it tonight. I'm a two day kinda DVD watcher - you know, can't sit still for any long period of time.

So I finish watching this movie tonight. The ONLY farkin time it decides to rain and thunder in the land that time forgot Texas. It's a gloomy night, it's been a really gloomy day - especially knowing Spurs is out of town and I had absolutely no sleep last night. I even ordered 'Skeleton Key' on pay per view last night because I could not sleep without Spurs. (Stupid movie by the way, just my opinion).

So, I watch the rest of 'Crash' tonight. I am crying like a little girl, wondering where are all the nice people in the world and why does there have to be so much hate...... then I call Sissy and yell at her because she didn't warn me about the content and conclusion of this flick! Just kidding, I didn't yell because I felt so compassionate about my fellow man at that point in time.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF PETE! PLEASE TELL ME FIRST THAT A MOVIE IS GOING TO RIP MY GUTS OUT LIKE THAT BEFORE YOU RECOMMEND IT TO ME!!!!

That's all I'm sayin......