Thursday, July 14, 2005

Been kinda busy

The last week or so, I’ve been busier than the proverbial one legged man in a ass whipping contest. It doesn’t look like there’s going to be much of a let up any time soon. I’ve already booked travel every week for the next month and a half.

I don’t mind traveling for work. As a matter of fact, in some regards I prefer the travel to being in the office. Being on the road just feels like I’m a little freer from “the man” if you know what I mean. It’s certainly not glamorous like some of my friends who don’t travel believe but it doesn’t completely suck either.

There are some things that do suck about being on the road.
My biggest complaint is when I go out to eat and the host/hostess seats me at the little, one person, loser table. There’s no where to put my book or paper or whatever I happen to be working on at the time. I hate that and will generally ask to be seated elsewhere unless the place is busy.

I also don’t like the overly talkative seat mate on a plane. “Hi”, “How are you”? That’s about all I need. I don’t need to chit chat about your little puppy or what kind of crap you’re selling. Just shut up and pass the freaking peanuts.

I hate cab drivers who take you the long way to places even when you point out to them. you know where you’re going. Those jack-holes never get tipped and I usually will call to complain. Not that I like doing that but if you complain in the cab, and trust me on this, the cabbie may invite you to leave……immediately.

Going through security at the airport is mind boggling. Some places it’s a piece of cake and others, it’s a complete nightmare. I’ve decided that the smaller the airport, the bigger the hassle. I realize that these guys have a job to do. But I doubt very seriously that the 95 year old lady in the wheelchair needs to be pulled aside for additional screening. In a lot of places you can’t even joke about the process. No shit, I’ve seen signs that say “No Jokes”. Guess I better not sing “Blue Moon”.
I swear that one day I’m going to show up in a bathrobe and get dressed on the other side of the security check point.

Shitty water pressure in the hotel room. Kills me…

Lumpy pillows in the hotel room. Kills me…

Other than that, I’m having a blast on the “Summer of Discontent Tour” 2005. Feel free to buy a shirt.