Sunday, June 19, 2005

Nicknames

I don't know why I was thinking about this...probably reading about Bones over at my Grandma's house but I was thinking about the nicknames I've had growing up.

First was "Bootie-Man". This came from my inability to say Boogie-Man. Anyway, this stuck until I was about 11 or 12. Kinda embarassing...although I asked my teachers to call me this...they refused.

Second was "White Shoes". This came about because I insisted on wearing white cleats and only whites cleats while playing ball. I thought they made me run faster.

Third came when I was a semi-adult playing baseball. Ball players are a cruel bunch and I miss them every day...
I wear a 7 3/4 fitted ball cap and hence the name "Apple-Head" was born. Like I said, these guys were brutal.

In college the only one I "remember" was "Big Chief Thunderpants", later shortened to "Big Chief". Long story on this one folks...

I haven't had a nickname in a while since I hardly play sports anymore and with all of the moving I've done lately my circle of friends is small. I kind of miss that...

Do you guys have any nicknames from your past??