Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Crocs Rock!!

I have made so much fun of people that wear Crocs that I feel really guilty about this post and my latest purchase. I needed a pair of shoes to wear around the house and to take Lynkin out for walks. I have tennis shoes but being the lazy person that I am in the morning I hate having to put those on and tie them up just to take the dog out or the trash or to check the mail. I bought a cheap pair of house shoes from TJ Max but they were the furry type of slide ons and they make my feet sweat and eventually they have a nice funky odor about them (c'mon, you guys know where I'm coming from - house shoes = sweaty stinky feet.

So during my shopping time today to get some new duds for my new gig I had to get a new pair of black boots. I have worn the same black boots for like 4 or 5 years now and it's time for a new pair in my mind. While buying said boots at Dillards (50% off too!!) I noticed the wall of Crocs and got curious.

I love Mario Batalli from the Food Network and he cracks me up with his bright orange Crocs (and I really appreciate chefs that look like they actually eat the food they make). Then I've noticed whenever I go to the doctor, all of the nurses are wearing them. So I'm thinking, hey - they must be comfie if people that stand on their feet all day are wearing them.

So while trying on my new boots I grab a pair of black mary-jane style Crocs and slip them on. I'm telling you here and now - they are sooo awesome! It's like a fun little foot massage going on everytime I get up and walk around with them on. I'm totally converted. They have those nice little holes all over that ventilate your feet and these cool little massagie thingies on the bottom that feel sooo good when you get up and walk around in them.

I know my fashionistas out there will be shocked that I actually own a pair - but I think I'm at an age now that comfort rules over fashion. But I do have limits - I will only wear these out in public when going to the grocery store, gas station, etc. and NO I will not be wearing anything but black socks with my black Crocs. It cracks me up when I see women wearing brightly colored Crocs with white socks :) It's like the older gentlemen wearing sandals with either black or white socks :)