Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Roaches Are Falling From The Sky

I have one to top Sissy's roach problem in her bathroom. I was drying my hair yesterday in front of the sink in my master bathroom when I noticed out of the corner of my eye something had fallen from the ceiling vent fan. The vent fan in the master bathroom is directly above the toilet. These are older condo's and it has the old style vent fan where it looks like there is a hole in the ceiling with a big plastic cap over it with large vents on all sides so you can see the large hole.

I looked down into the toilet to see the biggest palmetto bug (very large roach) I have seen since we have moved here. It was trying it's best to get out of the water so I quickly flushed and watched it slowly swirl around to it's ultimate doom. Well let's hope it died. I know it does sometimes take an entire can of Raid to kill these things (as Sissy has demonstrated) and even then they still flail around for like hours until they finally die. So I thought, hmmm would flushing really kill this thing?

Now I'm terrified to use my toilet. I look into it every time I go into the bathroom. It totally freaks me out. But it will be a way of life living here. Not only are we in the South but we are twenty steps to the lake and living on the bottom floor so it is inevitable that we will have these huge creatures living with us. Ewwwww!