Monday, October 23, 2006

Drinks - Cocks & Cigars - Oh My!

It was a fun weekend again in the Palmetto State!! Sissy came down and across to see us and luckily it was a much easier drive that it used to be out West. Friday night was pretty tame but Sissy was taken by surprise as she came into our new place and noticed I had gone from blonde to brunette :) Let's just say it was another one of my brilliant DIY moments involving box color from the store. I should know better by now.

Saturday morning started with Spurs heading out and getting us biscuits for breakfast and then it was a return to bed for our traditional mid morning nap. We had to head to the bar early to make sure we had a good table to watch the game as the Cocks were on Pay-Per-View this weekend. So the drinks started flowing at 2:00 but Sissy and I were smart enough to get a small bite to eat when we got there.

Unfortunately the table next to us was filled with a group of guys that brought their portable humidors in with them and proceeded to smoke really nasty smelling cigars the whole time they were there. I usually like the smell of a good cigar but not when there are five people sitting right next to me smoking them constantly. Sissy and I even developed a headache due to the smell.

So Sissy not only had to endure a whole table of smokers sitting around her but cigar smoke as well. Oh yeah, let's not forget being surrounded by tv's showing the Gamecock game but getting to hear the Cock-a-doodle-doo blasted every 10 minutes and the volume of the game blaring in our ears. Welcome to my world :) It is a lot of fun though and the Cocks fans are great!

After stumbling out of the bar after the Gamecocks won against Vanderbilt we headed back to the homestead and fired up the grill. It was all a blur after that to me, I'm not real good at pacing myself and I think after many beers, a shot and then this new energy beer drink I was pretty much done. Sissy is a trooper though and hung in till the end - Spurs and I left her sitting on the couch watching the rest of the Cardinals game as we went to bed :)

Thanks for a great time Sissy, I hope your gall bladder has recovered :)