Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Another Day, Another Dill Hole

In case you didn’t know it, Bode Miller is world champion ski racer for the United States of America.
His talent cannot be questioned.
His mental attitude and outlook probably should be however…

Bode was on 60 Minutes the other night and during his interview, admitted to being in “really tough shape at the top the course”.
He went on to say, "Talk about a hard challenge right there," "It's like driving drunk only there's no rules about it in ski racing." Asked if the risk meant he would never ski drunk again, the 28-year-old Miller replied, "No, I'm not saying that."
Having done my share of drunk skiing I can attest to the fact that it’s quite difficult. I couldn’t imagine what it’s like on a World Cup course. Yikes!

Miller has constantly been at odds with the US Ski Federation saying that he would race independently and or form his own rebel tour. Well, what’s stopping you from doing just that Mr. Miller?? Let me guess, is it money??

Bode has also said that he doesn’t like doing interviews and isn’t skiing in the Olympics to win medals.

All of this is cool with me but if you don’t like interviews, stop giving them. And if you don’t want to win medals, how about give up your spot for someone else??

In some respects, I can see Bode trying to come off as the hip anti-hero but ultimately I think he winds up looking like another selfish, professional athlete. Like we need more of those…

Pick a side fuck brain so at least I’ll know if you’re a poser or not.