Monday, June 06, 2005

I wouldn't say I've been "missing" work....

I always said I wouldn't blog about work but...

The company I work for was purchased by another company a few months back. The new company made me a decent offer and paid me to move to "TLTTF" TX. Why not? I can live anywhere for a year. This new position is entirely different from previous one. No sweat, I'm a smart guy...
As soon as Napster and I get "in country", my boss goes out on maternity leave and can have no contact with me. So I don't really report to anyone for the time being.....hmmmmm...
I've figured out that this position is really only busy about 50% of the time. I must be busy or I will go nuts. So I've taken to leaving early and having a nap and what-not.
I've never been this bored with a job in my life and I think it's affecting my output. Straight out of Office Space.
So on Friday, I get a call from the head of HR and I'm thinking, crap the gig's up. But you know what she says?? Congratulations on 5 years of service!! Where would you like me to mail your present? Say wa'?? Ummmm, just send it to my home address I guess...
Weird huh?? You should get Mo or Nap to tell you how I actually GOT this job....another time.
I wonder what my present is...I hope it's makes noise...