Sunday, June 05, 2005

Don't mess with my woman

"The Land That Time Forgot", TX doesn't have much in the way bugs. Coming from the Carolina coast, I'm used to mosquitos, gnats and giant water bugs. So it was cool when we noticed that the aforementioned pesks were nowhere to be found.

However, "TLTTF" does have the most humongous spiders this side of a Banana Spider. If you've never seen a Banana Spider, Google it and you'll see what I mean.
Those who know me, know that I don't like spiders. It's not a phobia and I don't run away screeching like a girl. They just give me the willies...and I will stomp the living crap out of a spider if given the chance.

So today, I walk into the bedroom and see/hear Napster pounding the hell out of something with a shoe.
Napster -Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! (Seriously, I counted 8)
Me - Uh, babe I think it's dead.
Nap - That sucker was big but I think I got it.
Me - No shit...I think you erased it.

It's good to know that she'll jump into the battle.

-Update: I come back in the room later and see the spider corpse. I go get the dustbuster and remove the body.
I ask Napster what's up with leaving the body and she says "I want the other spiders to see what happens when you come in here".
Rock on Vlad.-