Friday, August 12, 2005

You wanna know how you KNOW?

Strange title huh? Well I was thinking today about how you know when you are truly, madly, and deeply in love. How do I know this you ask? Well Spurs left this morning for yet another trip for work where we will be apart for the second longest time in our relationship.

You know you are in love when they walk out that door for their trip, you have done your smooches and good-byes and I Love You's and as soon as that door shuts your heart drops down into that heavy place. The heavy place for me means your heart sinks down and feels heavy and you know it won't be uplifted again until you see the one you love walk through that front door again.

I miss Spurs a whole lot when he's gone. I know the saying - absence makes the heart grow fonder. I realize it's not healthy to spend too much time together. Spurs is my husband, lover, best-friend and partner in crime. We can talk to each other about anything and everything and we make each other laugh every day, several times a day. I just flat out miss him. I even wander into his bathroom several times a day just to smell that clean soapy smell - the Spurs scent. I know, weird. (I have a feeling I'll get some funny comments on that one)

So I went out to the movie rental place today during lunch and rented about 10 movies. I figure that will keep me occupied until he gets home. Kitty and I will snuggle up on the couch and just chill and watch movies.

Why is it that the time you spend with your loved ones goes by so quickly but when you are alone it seems like extra hours are added to each day until they get home.